How much do you know about homelessness in Arapahoe County? Take this five-question quiz!
1. What percentage of homeless in Arapahoe County are male?
2. What is the largest age group of homeless people in the county?
3. What is the major race of homeless people in the county?
4. What is the highest education level of homeless people in the county?
High school graduate
5. What are the top three causes of homelessness in Arapahoe County?
Mental health/addition issues
Loss of a job
Inability to pay rent
Answers according to the Tri-Cities Homeless Study, Oct. 2020:
- 69% of homeless people in Arapahoe County are male.
- The largest age group of homeless people in Arapahoe County is 51-60. Thirty percent of the homeless are in that age group, followed by 26% in the 31-40 age group.
- Seventy-four percent of people who are homeless in the county are White, followed by 7% biracial. Only 2% are African American/Black and only 1% are Asian.
- Post-graduate. The percent of post-grads among the homeless is small, but 10% have a college degree.
- The top three causes of homelessness are: loss of a job, inability to pay rent, relationship issues.